Mac & Cheese Carbonara with Kettle Chip Crust
Mac & Cheese Carbonara with Kettle Chip Crust is the perfect dish for those who love the classic comfort food of mac & cheese, but are looking for a twist on the traditional recipe. The addition of a crispy kettle chip crust adds a satisfying crunch to the creamy pasta and cheese sauce. The carbonara sauce, made with bacon and eggs, adds a rich and savory flavor to the dish. It's also a great way to impress your friends and family with a unique and delicious dish that is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Overall, this recipe is a great way to elevate a classic comfort food and take it to the next level of deliciousness.
- 16 ounces dried macaroni pasta
- 6 slices peppered or regular bacon
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed Deep River Snacks Original Sea Salt Kettle Chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Cut bacon with kitchen shears into bite-size pieces into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until beginning to brown, but not crisp. Add shallot and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and peas. Cook until mushrooms become tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir in warm pasta and bacon mixture. In a medium bowl or measuring cup, combine milk, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour milk mixture over pasta mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Pour pasta mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine Deep River Snacks Original Sea Salt Kettle Chips and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. Sprinkle mixture over pasta.
- Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Be careful that Parmesan cheese in the crust doesn't brown excessively. Tent with foil if the cheese begins to get too brown.
- Crunch into flavor with every bite - Enjoy our delicious recipe!